Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23rd (Monday) - How to Make Fast Food

The best mildew removal system: Leviticus 14:1-57

Jesus teaches the disciples the art of fast food: Mark 6:30-56

I proclaim Your righteousness: Psalm 40:1-10

Love conquers all wrongs: Proverbs 10:11-12

In today’s passage from Mark, there were lots of hungry folks & not one McDonald’s in sight. The solution is simple to Jesus. In verse 37 He told the disciples, “You give them something to eat.” The disciples responded like He was demanding the impossible from them.

That’s an absurd response when you think about what the disciples had just done. I didn’t mention it in yesterday’s post, but the disciples had just gone out with no food, money, or extra clothes and preached to the lost, healed the sick, & cast out demons (Mark 6:6-12). You’d think at some point they’d realize that anything is possible with Jesus.

Now that I’ve stepped on the disciples toes it’s time to step on my own. I gotta quit doubting my abilities to do my part in the great commission of taking His word to others & helping the needy. These things seem impossible to do, but they shouldn’t seem impossible to me. It wasn’t too long ago that I had the seemingly impossible hurdle of fighting for custody of my sons: that thing men just don’t win at. But the Lord brought them home to me. I shouldn’t have worried then, because before that I was healed from epilepsy: something I’d heard from doctors for over a decade that there was no way to cure. I worried about that one too, but I shouldn’t have. Because when I was 16 my brakes went out in my car and the Lord saved my friend & me by having my car squeeze through a tiny space that it’s impossible to squeeze a car through, much less a 1974 Lincoln Continental Mark IV. :) You’d think after all of that it’d be easy to trust the Lord with what He commanded us to do.

The key is where almost all of us fail. It’s in the 2nd sentence in the above paragraph, where I base my doubts on “my abilities”. That’s just it. It’s not my abilities or your abilities that causes the impossible to happen. Almost every Christian makes this mistake.

If we want the folks in our town to get crazy for Jesus, if we want demons (of which there are many) to be cast out, if we want the sick to be healed, and if we want the hungry fed then we have to trust Jesus to give us the ability. If He told us to do to it, then He can make it happen through us.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for your honesty in this post. It is very important that we remember the ways that God has showed up powerfully in our own lives so that we can remember that he will always be there for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton it was a very good support, now to make fast food is very easy utilizing your guidance. Kudos

    ReplyDelete