Monday, March 2, 2009

March 1 (Sunday) - Child Like Faith


Yeah, us grown folks have been slacking on keeping up the blog. :)


Eye for an eye: Leviticus 24:1-25:46

Like a little child: Mark 10:13-31

Rejection stinks: Psalm 44:9-26

Silver tongue: Proverbs 10:20-21

I’ve got to confess; what Jesus said about “anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child” got to me. I’ve prided myself on being a Bible geek for over 20 years. I’m even more proud that my nine-year-old son has read the New Testament 7 times! (Notice how the proud parent in me worked that into today’s blog? :) ). There’s certainly nothing wrong with pulling out the Strong’s Concordance to look up Greek & Hebrew definitions while reading the Bible. Or cross-referencing with Matthew Henry’s commentary, or reading both the NIV version & the AMP version. Don’t forget to look up places & people in Smith’s Bible Dictionary and look up places on maps. (I just gave away my trade secrets on how the men’s Bible study is prepared. :) )

But more important than all of that left-brained analysis of the Word is child-like faith in Jesus. Jesus Himself told the disciples in Matthew 10 that if we don’t have child like faith in the kingdom of God we won’t enter it. We need to let the Holy Spirit shape our very way of thinking so that we trust Jesus no-matter-what, no-matter-who.

P.S. – Can you imagine what it was like to be one of the little children whom Jesus put His arms around and blessed? I’d never want to bathe again! :)

1 comment:

  1. childlike faith... such a simple concept, yet it seems so difficult for us to practice

    ReplyDelete