Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 14 - Saturday - One of My Favorite Bible Stories

Chapter 22 is the beginning of one of my favorite Bible stories: Numbers 21:1-22:20

I hope the angel Gabriel doesn’t visit my wife like he’s visited Elisabeth and Mary:) :Luke 1:26-56

In You my soul takes refuge: Psalm 57:1-11

Through the blessing of the upright a city is exalted: Proverbs 11:9-11


I love the story of Balaam! When Matt said that we were going to read through the whole Bible, this was the first story that came to mind.

When Balak’s servants expected Balaam to do something strange in the name of the Lord, Balaam told them, “Even if Balak gave me his palace filled with silver and gold, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the LORD my God.”

Later in Luke, Mary told the angel, “I am the Lord’s servant. May it be to me as you have said.”

Oh, if all of God’s people today lived by that motto, doing whatever the Lord says.

No comments:

Post a Comment