Monday, March 23, 2009

March 24 (Tuesday) -- Being Made Fun of For Being a Christian

I’m publishing the Tuesday post a little early so I can give platelets during tomorrow’s lunch break. I figure if the Son of God isn’t too good to shed his blood for a little sinner like me, surely I’m not too good to shed a few platelets for folks who are probably praying to God for help with their various blood diseases.

Moses forbidden from crossing the Jordan River: Deuteronomy 2:1-3:29

Blessed are they…: Luke 6:12-38

When the praises go up, the harvest comes: Psalm 67:1-7

He who seeks good finds goodwill: Proverbs 11:27

Jesus really put it down in today’s Luke reading. When we put ourselves over our fellow man we put ourselves down & wind up lifting them up. Love your enemies. Don’t judge others. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Treating others as good or better than ourselves is the way to go.

While we’re doing it, we need to treat Jesus as way better than ourselves. In fact, we’re blessed even when people who don’t like Jesus gives us grief about Him. I’ve got to admit, it’s been a while since someone fussed at me for being too Christian. Considering the world we live in, that probably means I’m not living a Christian enough life.

I double dog dare you to take your Bibles to school and read it in your study hall or on your lunch break. I triple dare you to talk about what you read to your school mates. Worried about the response? Don’t be. Go back and read Luke 6:26!

1 comment:

  1. good challenge on reading the bible in public... but us adults certainly have the opportunity to do that as well... It would be a good way to show where our commitment lies.

    ReplyDelete