Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 25 -- Jailhouse Rock



If the madman calls you “king”, we also call you “king”: 2 Kings 8:1-9:13

Jailhouse rock – Christian style: Acts 16:16-40

Teach me to do your will: Psalm 143:1-12

It is not good to flog officials: Proverbs 17:26


I’ve loved the story about the Lord freeing Paul & Silas from prison ever since I first read it at 14 years old!

Again, the Lord caused His followers to do supernatural things so that others would believe in Jesus. The jailer point blank asked Paul & Silas, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

The Holy Spirit is wanting to use us too if we just simply let Him. Ask Him to use you in any way He sees fit.

By the way, if anyone’s interested in a old school rendition of this story, check out one of my favorite classic Christian rock songs at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGMieqbOSSg

No comments:

Post a Comment