Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29 (Wednesday) -- There's a Way That Seems Right to a Man



Please save us, Lord. We’ll be good. This time we mean it: Judges 9:22-10:18

Before there was Kitty Pryde, there was Jesus:Luke 24:13-53

Shout with joy to God: Psalm 100:1-5

There’s a way that seems right to a man: Proverbs 14:11-12


There are times I read this part of the Bible in Judges and think, “Were they really that dumb? How many times do they fall away from the Lord only to realize it’s a mistake and come back, before repeating the mistake later?”

And it’s true. It’s really dumb to fall away from God. Worshipping idols is an awful way to do it. Often throughout the Bible, He refers to it as cheating on him.

If I started cheating on my wife you’d all think I’d lost my mind. Yet, isn’t God worth so much more? Let’s not cheat on him by worshipping other things.

That means not worshipping money, not worshipping sex, not worshipping a celebrity, etc. In short, it means not putting anything else before God.

One of my all time favorite songs is at www.petrarocksmyworld.com/notofthisworld.html (scroll to the last song at the bottom). It’s a good thing that Proverbs 14 was the last thing in today’s Bible reading. Now that I’ve read one of the lines from that song (Proverbs 14:12), the song is in my head & I can’t read any further. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment