Friday, May 22, 2009

March 21 (Thursday) -- We want him to die...again

David rescues his wife (err…I meant “wives”): 1 Samuel 29:1-31:13

Wanted dead or alive – the man who raises the dead: John 11:55-12:19

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good: Psalm 118:1-18

The path of life leads upwards for the wise: Proverbs 15:24-26

Imagine someone who had been dead for 3 days telling you about Jesus resurrecting him from the grave. Then imagine other folks not liking it & wanting to kill both Jesus & the resurrected man.

Poor Lazarus. He’d already died once and the chief priests were wanting him to die again. :)

It’s funny, but of the times I’ve done things for the Lord, usually the most active naysayers are the ones who claim to be religious. It’s been a while since that happened to me. I guess I’ve become slack in serving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment