Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 26 (Tuesday) -- Greater Love Has No Man Than This - That a Man Lay His Life Down for His Friends

Getta your eyesah offa the wife of Uriah: 2 Samuel 9:1-11:27

Jesus is friend and lord: John 15:1-27

The earth is filled with your love, oh Lord: Psalm 119:49-64

Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed: Proverbs 16:1-3

Loving Jesus and obeying Jesus go hand in hand. John recorded Jesus as saying that He’s both our friend and our Lord.

No one loves us as much as Jesus. Jesus died for us, His friends. That’s the greatest example of love (verse 13).

Now it’s our turn. In John 15:10 Jesus said, “If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.”

Who’s up to obeying Jesus? I want to remain in His love, do you?

1 comment:

  1. Obedience is at the heart of our faith. If we don't obey our Lord, what would that make us?

    ReplyDelete